What does urban planning mean to you?
Feel free to select any questions below. Select as few as one or as many as you desire for a personalized and engaging discussion. Our uncut interviews typically span a duration of 10 to 15 minutes.
Professional Background and Experience:
- What is your current planning position?
- Can you describe your typical day or tasks in your planning role?
- What was your first planning job?
- How has your career path evolved over the years?
Career Decision and Influences:
- How did you decide that you wanted to be a planner?
- Who influenced you to become a planner?
- Were there any specific events or experiences that shaped your decision to pursue planning as a career?
- What is your educational background in planning?
- How has your education contributed to your success as a planner?
Perspectives on Planning:
- How does the planning process work in your area?
- What do you like about planning? What do you dislike?
Skills and Success Factors:
- What skills and experiences do you consider most important for success in your work?
- Are there specific challenges in your field that aspiring planners should be aware of?
Advice for Aspiring Planners:
- What advice would you give to students considering a career in planning?
- What are the key qualities or skills you look for in new planners entering the field?
Country and City-specific Questions:
- What is your favorite city in your country, and why?
- How are urban areas usually built in your country?
- What are the major urban challenges in your country?
- What are the major urban opportunities in your country?
- What are you most proud of about urban development in your country?
Future of Urban Planning:
- What are your hopes and aspirations for the future of urban planning, both in your country and on a global scale?