WORLD TOWN PLANNING DAY 2022
NOVEMBER 8, 2022
Think Global, Plan Local
LIVE VIRTUAL EVENT:
APA's virtual World Town Planning Day 2022, in partnership with the APA International Division, will bring together international and US planners in dialogues, with two presentation format options:
- Roundtable Session: Quick Speaker presentations & 25-min Q&A
- Fast + Fun Presentation: 6-min presentation on innovative local planning projects
- Tuesday, November 8 - 9:00 AM CT
About World Town Planning Day
World Town Planning Day is celebrated in 30 countries on four continents each November. It is a special day to recognize and promote the role of planners and planning in creating healthy, prosperous communities.
World Town Planning Day presents an excellent opportunity to look at planning ideals from a global perspective:
· Collaboration between professional planners, the public, and local decision-makers
· Ethical principles in the practice of planning
· Approaches that prioritize equity in community planning and development
APA members are invited to share their knowledge and leading practices with colleagues around the world on this day, and also to learn from international success stories in cultural preservation, inclusive design, climate change innovation and other areas that would enhance U.S. planning practice.